Garage door openers offer amazing conveniences that we wouldn’t know what to do without. All we have to do is push a switch on the wall or a button on a remote control, and the heavy garage door is lifted and lowered. Now there are even more technologically advanced options for garage door openers. Selecting the right garage door opener is an important decision and should be well researched. Some important points to consider include the following.
- Horsepower of the motor and weight of the door- The motor needs to be appropriately matched to what the door weighs.
- Noise when operating– Some are much quieter and more appropriate for residential garage doors.
- Belt, chain, or screw drive– This decision is mostly determined by the weight of the door, as a chain drive is capable of lifting the most weight, but each type has other considerations, as well, including noise level.
- Price- Once all the necessities are covered (i.e. the opener has the appropriate horsepower and the type of drive is right), price is always an important part of the decision.
- Additional features- Such as a keypad for entry with a code or technology for remotely opening or closing the garage door, or just to check on it to ensure it is closed when you’re away.
At Kempenfelt Overhead Doors, we offer a variety of garage door openers and can help you find the one that best fits your needs. Our products include a two-year warranty, which is particularly important for a garage door opener. It ensures that the product will work appropriately and won’t need constant replacements. Let us know if you need a garage door opener installed or repaired, and we will take care of it for you.